Online videos have been circulating for a while now, and you may be wondering if using videos to your advantage is worth it for your business’ growth, especially with the amount of effort and resources needed to create videos of good quality. Well, the short answer is – yes, and apparently, more than 80% of businesses have realised that videos are no longer the future, but they are the present. So, to keep up with the times and promote or market your products effectively, video marketing is the answer.
Here, we list down 7 reasons why video marketing is powerful when it comes to marketing and promoting your business.
Internet Users Enjoy Video Content
People watch over 18 hours of video content every week, and this statistic is continually increasing as time goes on. More and more of your target audience’s time are spent online and watching videos, which shows how important it is to meet them in the middle and create engaging videos to entice and educate them of your products and services.
Other Businesses Implement Video Marketing
With more than 80% of businesses producing video content online, customers are used to obtaining information from videos or at least have the option to. Therefore, if your business only provides information through blogs or pictures, customers may feel like they have fewer options to gather beneficial information. If most businesses are making video content, why not jump on the bandwagon?
Videos Influence Purchasing Decisions
More than 70% of the audience has been convinced to purchase or subscribe to a product or service by watching a video online. Short videos of up to 2 minutes long are most likely to be favoured and shared by the audience, which indicates that businesses must successfully capture the essence of the products or services in a short period of time. Several helpful tips to execute this properly include inserting a lead capture form in the first 10-20% of your video, using a shot of a smiling human face as the video thumbnail, cutting to the chase, and not spend too long with introductions at the start, and inserting a prominent call-to-action.
Videos are Easy to Measure
Analytically speaking, not all marketing efforts are able to be measured accurately, a couple of good examples are referral marketing, and booth or trade show marketing. This is different for videos, which can be measured by several different metrics, such as view count, play rate, engagement, social sharing, click-through rate, conversion rate, and qualitative or quantitative feedback.
Videos Will Dominate Internet Traffic
It has been predicted that in 2022, videos will contribute up to 82% of all internet traffic globally. This staggering number has shown that videos have taken the world by storm! If your business does not create video content, then your online marketing potential will reduce significantly to just the remaining 18%, which hinders you to maximise your marketing returns.
Videos Reduce The Need for Customers to Contact Customer Service
More than 40% of video marketers reported a decrease in customers needing to contact customer support, as common questions are easily answered by informative videos posted on their social platforms. This will reduce overall labour costs, saves time, improves customer experience, and better portray your business as technologically savvy and up-to-date.
Various Platform Options
When it comes to uploading videos, the world is your oyster! There are multiple platforms to choose from – YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Vimeo, SproutVideo, and many others. Keep in mind that depending on your business’ value proposition, target market, and video objectives, you may be best suited to post on specific platforms only.
For example, YouTube has the largest potential reach of 1.9 billion worldwide audiences. However, if you are looking to post videos in an irregular posting schedule and are very targeted when it comes to audience, then YouTube may not be the best option for your business. Dailymotion may be best for you as there is less competition, although its potential reach is significantly lower than YouTube.
What’s Next for Your Business?
Hopefully, this article has inspired you to start creating video content for your business. The important thing is to make a start, even a small start counts as progress. Other than that, make sure to be open to feedback, whether coming from the audience or maybe other businesses or professionals. Great feedback gives you direction for improvement, which is always a helpful thing to have for a business.
If you need any assistance with Facebook marketing auckland, SEO Auckland, content marketing auckland, SEO new zealand, and others, do not hesitate to contact us! Our team at Digital Squad is always happy to help you with your digital marketing needs.