The advancement of technology has greatly influenced the way businesses operate and interact with their customers. In particular, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become a game-changer in the realm of marketing. As more companies turn to AI-powered solutions to optimise their marketing strategies, B2B marketers need to utilise it to stay competitive in the market.
One of the key benefits of incorporating AI into B2B marketing is its ability to enhance customer experience. With AI-powered tools, businesses can analyse vast amounts of data to gain insights into customer behaviours, preferences, and needs. This allows marketers to create personalised experiences for their target audience, leading to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty. Here are some AI applications that enhance the B2B customer experience:
- AI chatbots: Provide 24/7 customer support, handling multiple interactions and redirecting complex issues to human agents.
- Predictive analytics: Leverage machine learning algorithms to predict future customer behaviours based on historical data. This enables businesses to time their marketing efforts effectively.
- Personalised content marketing: Analyse customer data using AI tools to understand preferences and deliver tailored content that resonates with customers, building stronger relationships.
88% of marketers believe their organization must increase its use of automation and AI to meet customer expectations and stay competitive.MailChimp
Marketing Qualified Leads
Traditionally, B2B marketers have relied on marketing qualified leads (MQLs) to measure the success of their campaigns. However, with the implementation of AI-driven marketing, the concept of MQLs has evolved. Instead of just focusing on lead quantity, AI helps identify high-quality leads based on their behaviour and interactions with the brand. This means that MQLs are not dead, but rather redefined in the age of AI. Here are some actionable tips to redefine your MQLs:
- Leverage AI-powered Behavioral Scoring: AI can analyse customer behaviour on a much deeper level than traditional methods. Track customer interactions with your website, emails, and other touchpoints. AI can then assign scores to leads based on their actions, helping you identify those that are most likely to convert.
- Implement Predictive Lead Scoring: Utilize AI to predict the likelihood of a lead converting into a customer. This method uses historical data and advanced algorithms to score leads. High-scoring leads are more likely to become customers, allowing you to focus your efforts effectively.
- Take Advantage of Intent Data: AI can help you understand a lead’s intent by analysing their online behaviour, such as the content they engage with or the searches they perform. This can give you valuable insights into which leads are genuinely interested in your products or services.
- Optimise Multi-Channel Data: AI can process data from multiple channels to create a holistic view of leads. This can help you understand their journey better and identify high-quality leads that are worth pursuing.
Remember, it’s not about the quantity of leads, but the quality. With AI, you can ensure that your MQLs are genuinely interested and ready to engage with your brand.
70% of high-performing marketers have a fully defined AI strategy.I Mean Marketing
The term “dark funnel” refers to the part of the sales funnel where potential customers do research on their own without directly engaging with a company or providing any contact information. This makes it difficult for marketers to track and target these potential customers. However, with AI-powered tools, businesses can gain insights into the dark funnel by analysing online behaviour and predicting buying intent. This allows marketers to reach out to potential customers at the right time and in the most effective way.
Here are some examples of how businesses can leverage AI-powered tools to overcome the challenges of the dark funnel:
- Behavioural Tracking: AI tools can be used to track potential customers’ online activities, such as browsing habits, social media interactions, and content preferences. These insights can help businesses understand their potential customers’ interests and buying intentions.
- Predictive Analytics: By analysing historical data, AI can predict potential customers’ future actions. This allows businesses to proactively engage with these customers before they reach out to the company.
- Content Personalisation: AI can help businesses create personalised content based on a customer’s previous interactions. This makes it more likely for potential customers to consume relevant content and engage with your brand, brightening up the dark funnel.
- Buyer Journey Mapping: AI can analyse millions of data points to create a picture of a generic buyer’s journey. This can help businesses understand where potential customers might be in the sales funnel and allow them to target their marketing efforts accordingly.
- Intent Data Analysis: Through intent data, AI can help uncover what a potential customer is likely to buy and when. This can allow businesses to target potential customers with the right message at the right time, making the dark funnel a bit brighter.
So, How Do You Get Started with AI-Driven B2B Marketing?
To get started with intent-driven B2B marketing using AI, marketers should first identify their target audience and understand their behaviour and needs. Next, they can begin implementing AI-powered tools such as chatbots, personalised content, and predictive analytics to engage with potential customers at the right time and in the most effective way. It is also important for marketers to continuously track and analyse data to optimise their campaigns and improve the overall customer experience.
B2B marketers need to understand that AI is not a replacement for human creativity and expertise, but rather a tool to enhance their marketing efforts. By incorporating AI into their marketing plan, businesses can gain valuable insights and make data-driven decisions to better understand their customers and increase conversions.
Are you ready to dive into the world of AI-driven B2B marketing?
It’s important to remember that incorporating AI into your marketing plan is not a one-size-fits-all process. Each business is unique, with different customer profiles, goals, and challenges. Digital Squad has a deep understanding of AI-driven strategies and can provide a thorough assessment of your B2B marketing campaign to determine where AI can be most beneficial. Leverage our expertise to ensure you’re getting the most out of your marketing efforts and truly harnessing the power of AI.