SEO Case Study
The Botanist are award winning Auckland florists with physical stores in Auckland CBD and Newmarket who were looking for an agency to manage their Google Ads Campaign. We quickly managed to achieve impressive results. Our SEO campaign objective was to drive online sales for their Auckland flower delivery site based on Shopify.
Working with a developer, our initial SEO site optimisation resulted in a 4.7% increase in organic keywords and 2nd page results for their most important keyword – Flower delivery Auckland, up 36 positions within 4 days of campaign launch!
- Reduce reliance on Google Ads paid traffic.
- Improve organic (SEO) visibility for high conversion keywords where the brand was struggling, with results mainly on 4th and 5th page.
- Drive high-conversion traffic and increase e-commerce conversion goals
- Technical SEO optimisation for Shopify e-commerce website.
- Keyword research to uncover high search volume keywords being used by customers and most valuable keywords for competitors.
- Remedy coding issues in Shopify theme header, optimise H1 and H2 tags, optimise meta descriptions and page content.
- Create link-building campaign to increase domain authority.
- 3.91 return on ad spend (ROAS)
- 350 keyword position improvement within 60 days.
- 200% growth in organic visibility within 60 days.
- 35% increase in e-commerce goal completions within 60 days.
The campaign isn’t entirely focused on generating purchases, as it also generates both wedding and corporate enquiries (which don’t have a monetary conversion value but are highly beneficial to the business). Within a three month period the campaign generated:
- 14 direct wedding enquiries
- 6 assist enquiries (where a user first visited the site initially via Google ads and later returned by another channel before completing the enquiry)
- 1 direct corporate enquiry
This recent success has enabled The Botanist to open a new store in Westfield Mall, Newmarket, Auckland. Opening on the 29th of August.
We start with an in-depth review of your website; any previous SEO work that may have been completed, site architecture, content audit, competitor analysis and current rankings.
Keyword and Competitor Research
We undertake extensive keyword and competitor research to uncover keyword gaps and whitespace opportunities.
Technical SEO improvements to optimise site performance, speed, architecture, health and keyword alignment.
Content Development and Link Building
Content Strategy Development and Link Building to establish client as market leaders.